While there are many signs of summer, none are quite as satisfying as that first lick of a local ice cream cone. And the second taste. And the third…honestly, we can’t get enough. We want you to enjoy as much ice cream as humanly possible in summer 2023, so grab your friends and family and take an unofficial ice cream tour of the Western White Mountains area with us!
If ice cream is a part of your seasonal camping enjoyment, you simply can’t beat Maple Haven’s ice cream. Their window is located inside the campground where you can also experience Side StrEatz Restaurant, Mooseilauke Brook, paddle-boating in the pond, and more. You can visit their ice cream window Sunday-Wednesday from noon-8 p.m. or Thursday-Saturday from noon-9 p.m.
Tripadvisor reviewers absolutely love Maple Haven:
“We enjoyed the Ice Cream every night we could,” – Chris M
“The ice cream was a good – a nice, refreshing treat after a day of hiking in the White Mountains,” – AmiLou
Visit: Maple Haven Campground, 109 Lost River Rd, North Woodstock, New Hampshire
Coneheads is all about the unique factor. Their claims to fame are many, but some notable ones are:
- They craft about 50 flavors on-site
- They offer ice cream, yogurt, and sugar-free options
- They use locally grown items like berries for their renowned Berry Garcia and walnut halves mixed with New Hampshire Maple syrup for their Maple Walnut
- They provide three local restaurants with exclusive flavors they don’t offer on their own flavor board
Visitors can also see how it’s made! Visit the Coneheads Ice Cream Factory and watch first hand how their delicious product is created.
You can start enjoying ice cream at Coneheads on Memorial Weekend, or in general after Father’s Day.
Visit: 104 Main Street, North Woodstock, New Hampshire
Restaurant Specialities and More
- Woodstock Inn Brewery:
- Baked Banana Blast – Try this famous homemade dessert. ‘Banana baked in a puff pastry with brown sugar topped with vanilla ice cream, strawberries, hot fudge, and whipped cream. Takes 10-15 minutes to cook, so don’t order if you’re in a hurry :)’
- Wicked Witch’s Waffle – Ice cream for breakfast? You bet! Enjoy a waffle topped with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and whipped cream.
- Chutters: You can really go all out when you make ice cream sundaes at home if you stock up on almost any topping you can imagine from Chutters.
- The Common Man: Ask about their daily flavor of Common Man-made ice cream!
- Polly’s Pancake Parlor: Order your French Toast with ice cream for a special treat.
- One Love Brewery: Who doesn’t love a Brownie Sundae? Try theirs which comes with vanilla ice cream for the perfect after dinner delight.
No matter where you choose to get your first cone of 2023, we know it will be wonderful, and we are fairly confident that it won’t be your last. Enjoy this summer to the fullest by trying them all.